With summer around the corner (yes, really!), this is the perfect time to clean up the messes that winter left behind and repair any damages. Most aren’t huge fans of household maintenance but any property requires regular cleaning and care to keep you safe and comfortable.
Here is a check list to help you get going:
- Go through your closets/cabinets/storage rooms and sort items into keepers, donations and trash.
- Clean windows, inside and out. Make sure to repair or replace damaged screens.
- Check all alarms – carbon monoxide, smoke and security – and replace batteries as required.
- Clean humidifier and range hood filters.
- Check air conditioning system. We can help with your start up. Click here for more information.
- Change the humidity on the humidifier to 40% for warm weather.
- Clear out debris in gutters and downspouts.
- Check the roof for winter damages and replace or repair loose or cracked shingles.
- Prune damaged branches off shrubs and trees. Also prune perennials for new growth.
- Clear debris from yards and flower beds, composting collected yard waste.
- Check for cracks on driveways and pavers and fix.
Once all that is ready, get set for a fantastic summer!